Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Dell Fiasco

Well, my new computer came but guess what?  I doesn't work.  The so called "Dell technician" came out to set it all up for me.  He wasn't a Dell technician.  Dell out-sources everything now so basically, he was a computer guy (and not a good one) but that was it.  It was working when he left but when I went back in my office, it wasn't.  I called Dell Support and ended up talking to 4 different people with accents that I couldn't understand.  Spent 2 hours trying to get them to send another tech and they kept telling me that they hadn't determined yet if I needed one. WHAT?  My blood was boiling!

The next day, I called Dell back and spent an hour and 1/2 trying to get them to refund my "Installation fee" which they finally did.  Again, talking to people who were not in the US and had accents that I couldn't understand.  Once I got off the phone with them, I called The Geek Squad from Best Buy.  He came this morning and in 10 minutes was able to diagnose the problem which is not fixable.  And of course, it's Saturday so I can't get in touch with Dell again until Monday.

I wonder how much more fighting I'll have to do with them to get them to send a new one.  Not only that, I ordered Microsoft Office to be installed on that computer before they sent it to me.  It wasn't installed.  They didn't charge me for it but that's not the point.

I'm writing now on my laptop which is also as old as dirt and slower than molasses in Winter.  My old desktop is disabled now and I'm am just livid!

Is there something written on my forehead that says, "Kick Pam in the head, as hard as you can, over and over and over?"  I mean really!  Why couldn't this go smoothly?  Why did this turn into such a fiasco?

Okay so I'm going to try to finish up my last couple of magazine pages on here.  If it pitches too many fits with me, I'll go put them together on my dad's computer.  I just have a couple more to do!!!

Hopefully, these issues will be settled by New Years!  I will have the Geek Squad come out and set it all up once I get things straightened out with #Dell.   The Best Buy man was so professional.  He wore a tie, and put the little shoe thingys on so he didn't mess up my floors.  He was awesome!  So when all is said and done, I'm going to purchase "Tech Support" from them.  Dell's tech support is useless.  And if I may, there are so many people in the US that need jobs.  Why is Dell outsourcing work to other countries?  With people who have accents that I just can't understand?

Sorry, but I'm angry, frustrated and so terribly disappointed.  I know it'll all work out fine but in the meantime, I'm kind of stuck and I hate being stuck!  And I don't do things last minute.  I like all my ducks in a row and I do things well in advance.

I really can't believe all this.  But that's where things are at the moment.

10 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Oh Pam, that is so frustrating! It even upsets me. Just to add a side note, my son-in-law worked for Dell. He was a programmer I believe. Their jobs have all be sent to India. I believe there were 25 or so in his department alone. I will not buy a Dell. I have all HP equipment and have been pretty happy with it, but who knows... How long will they be reliable. Hope things work out for you soon.

barbara woods said...

I can't stand to try to talk to those people either, you can't understand any thing they say, they can't be paying them any thing at all but all of them want to keep every dime they can, It's got to where it's hard to find good service

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my!! Now I know why Dell is a 4-letter word (and I've heard it before, from other people). Sending you an email...

Nancy said...

So sorry for your frustration. I certainly understand. Hope things work out okay.

Susan Shufelt said...

I totally understand how you feel. I recently moved and needed to get my printer hooked into my new network. After several hours on the phone with hp and being passed along 4 different departments I finally gave up cuz I ran out of time and patience. I still don't have it figured out (plus I have spent a few hours trying to figure it out myself)and I was going to do the same thing. Go down to the local Best Buy and get the geek squad to take care of it when I have some time. Best Buy has given me good service in the past as well. But yes, I totally understand your frustration. It can make a sane person crazy!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Keep writing on here about the problem until it is resolved. There is power in the pen....keyboard! I am sorry you had such problems I know you were looking forward to a new workroom/office space with your new computer.
xo,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Sending you understanding hugs about the frustrations of acquiring new technology. From personal experience, Geek Squad ROCKS!

Cris in MT

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I HATED reading the title to your post. Try asking Dell to speak to a supervisor. Keep going up until you can get satisfaction. Try speaking to a SALES supervisor first. I had a Dell years ago and always got good results. But the last 3 computers were HP. I didn't pay for a tech to come out, but paid for the online tech who took control of my computer and did everything they needed to do to get me going.

I hate that you are going through this.
xx, Carol

allie aller said...

What a horror story!!! So sorry for this bump in the road....;-(

Abby / Linda said...

So sorry to hear you have had such a hard time with Dell. And thanks for posting this, as I was just about to buy a Dell! We had a Dell before, and liked it, but it was a few years ago.

Related Posts with Thumbnails