Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Watermelon Purse 2

I was stitching this morning and I heard a familiar bird sound.  It's been awhile since I've heard it but I knew right away what it was.  It was the beautiful Baltimore Oriole!  I put oranges out the other day because I knew they would be back anytime now and sure enough, there he was sitting on the orange.  I wish I had been able to photograph him.  They're so beautiful!  A little while later, I saw the female.

Then, a little while ago, I went out on the front porch for some fresh air and guess what was sitting on the Hummingbird feeder?  Okay, that's a no brainer.  The hummingbirds are back too.  I had a beautiful little male out there getting a drink.

These are nature's jewels.  The little things that many people probably wouldn't notice but for me, they're treasure.  I love to sit out on my deck or front porch and watch the birds and the critters.  I of course feed them all.  I can't help it.  The little squirrels and chipmunks are so much fun to watch and they watch me too!  They sit and wait for me to put bread or crackers out for them.  And the hummingbirds are really funny.  They must know that I'm one who feeds them because they don't like it when my husband is out there near the feeder yet they tolerate me.  If Scott goes out there, they buzz him and dive bomb him but if I'm out there, they couldn't care less.

It's amazing to notice nature but it's even more amazing when nature notices us!

I've been stitching on my 2nd Watermelon purse:

I've finished up my chores for today, both inside and outside, so I'll be turning the computer off and stitching the rest of the day.

I also updated the Call For Submissions page with a good article on taking great photos.  I added some other things too.  I'm really trying to help everyone feel comfortable submitting work for the magazine and other publications.  If anyone has ideas or suggestions, drop me note.  I really am open to ideas!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I'm going to put my thinking cap on for ideas... As always lovely stitching Pam.

Annesphamily said...

I love all your wonderful creations! I was trying to e mail you recently, I must have an old e mail and it was "failed"! I am catching up wherever I go and enjoyed my stop here! You always share such beautiful treasures and you have such a beautiful creative heart!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ooooh - orioles AND hummers? Lucky, lucky you! I think I've only seen an oriole a couple of times in my life. How I would love if they would come and visit me!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails