Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Crazy Quilt and Vintage Hankies

A really fun thing to use on a new Crazy Quilt piece is a Vintage Hankie.  I've been collecting them for years and many times, I find them for just a dollar or two at flea markets, resale shops and antique shops:


This one had a rounded edges on it and was hand crocheted so I cut it and centered it at the top of this block.  As you can see, I add some trim and my beloved sequins for sparkle.  This one is a gift for a friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! My problem is I find them and collect them and then don't want to use them. LOL

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I have come to the realization that using vintage hankies for projects such as this is a perfect thing. I've always stored them in a drawer and they never see the light of day.

bohemiannie! art said...

Goodness...so pretty. I'll have to get out my stash of vintage hankies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails