Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Update On Crazy Quilt Project Classes

First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who left comments and sent emails to me regarding my upcoming Crazy Quilt classes.  Feedback and input helps me to make learning my style of crazy quilting fun and exciting for everyone including me!

Several of you have sent me messages saying that you love the idea of learning color & composition without actually knowing that you're learning that.  And that is my main objective with these class projects.  It's through the repetition of working the projects using my specifics that your mind will learn how to do it and eventually, you'll never have to think about it again.  You'll just feel it and do it.

My second objective is to share my techniques.  I've been stitching since I was 7 or 8 years old.  Just for the record, I'm almost 51 now so I've learned a lot in my lifetime so far as stitching, sewing and crafting goes.  My mom has always said that I was extremely resourceful and innovative.  I never played by the rules and I guess that's what attracts me to crazy quilting.  There are no rules!  And there are no mistakes. 

So far, everyone who has written to me loves the idea of these classes but several of you have told me that you don't care for the mystery aspect of it.  Ladies, please give me your feedback on this!  We don't have to do these classes as mysteries.  I can share right off the bat, what the project will be.  Also, for anyone who doesn't care to do the finished projects, but wants to join in for the sake of learning, you're welcome to do 6 or 8 inch blocks.  Just follow the same guidelines that I include with each project and you'll acquire the skills that I'm teaching.

Finally, there are no deadlines and no pressure!  These projects are supposed to be fun and I don't want anyone to feel that they have to have their project done by a certain time.  I will post new projects as I do them and you can order them and stitch them in your own time frame.  I do plan to keep the first project rather simple just so everyone can get the hang of my teaching style but after that, you never know what I may come up with.  And I have a list a mile long!

I have decided to present these class projects through Magcloud.  There, you can order either a digital (PDF) version which you can print immediately on your computer or you can order a magazine version.  I think this will be the easiest way for me to get the projects to you and easiest way for you to order the projects.  Be sure to follow me at Magcloud too!

So that's my news for today everyone!  Let me know if you want me to drop the "mystery" part of this.  I discussed it with my mom too and she feels that the mystery part of it might be too overwhelming for novice crazy quilters. 

3 comments:

Mandy Currie said...

Hello Pam, I have been following your blog for some time now and love seeing what you make. I like the idea of classes, I'm in England though and wonder how I would deal with paying for the classes and what your price structure would be. I agree that I would not want it to be mystery projects, that way I can decide whether I want to do the project or a block with each lesson. I've never heard of Magcloud, please excuse me techno ignorance, please explain. Your stitching is always beautiful and I'm sure I could learn a lot from you. Kind Regards Mandy Currie (mandycurrie@googlemail.com)

Sarah Sequins said...

If I were taking a crazy quilting class, I'd want to learn how to make a crazy quilt purse. They look lovely, and they aren't as difficult, I imagine, as making dolls or other things.

That's all the input I have! Now I'm off to see what Magcloud is...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It sounds like you have put a ton of thought into this Pam - I will be following the results with great interest, for sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails