Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another Valentine Cat Doll

I spent yesterday shopping in Crystal Lake with my cousin Kim. I had a very nice time with her as I always do.  Before she picked me up, I had a little stitching time and finished up my red and white Valentine Cat Doll:

Very traditional, isn't it?  And here's a photo of the next cat in Hot Pink:

It easy to see the outline of the cat on this one.  As you can see, I run a basting stitch on the sewing line.  This way, I can see how far I can go with beads and other embellishments.  When I complete the stitching, I just pull out that basting stitch.

Today is my annual New Years Eve shopping spree at JoAnn Fabrics.  I really don't need a thing.  I picked up some of my favorite Watercolour threads by The Caron Collection yesterday along with another yard of waste canvas.  I received some nice CQ supplies for my birthday and Christmas too so today, I'll try to be selective about my purchases.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have both your books, and LOVE doing the stitches on waste canvas. I just read that you buy the canvas by the yard. Where? I have only found the 12" square packages at Hobby Lobby.
Thanks,
Marci
marcih@kc.rr.com

Laurie said...

Pam! There you are!! As with a couple of my other blogs I follow, I wasn't getting updates, so I didn't know you were still here!! Your cats are so beautiful, I love the stitching. How are you and your mother doing!?

Sandy said...

Happy shopping. You need to buy what you want when you see it or it's gone and you're sorry. I went to Joanne's yesterday. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Pam I just love this color combination, the white and shades of pink. This is so beautiful and has inspired me :)
A Blessed New Year.....a step closer to dreams come true!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Joann's sounds like such a fun place (of course we don't have them here). Maybe it's a good thing we don't or I'd be spending the grocery money for sure!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails